Home » All Recipes
I can't help but think that a nice bowl of warm comforting soup is exactly what everyone needs right now. Autumnseems to be theseason for super hearty soups so today I'd like to celebrate withthiscreamy baked potato soup served with a crusty chunk of French bread and topped with all the essentials: vegan cheddar cheese, smoky tempeh bacon, chives, and pepper.
A bowl of homemade soup is like a warm hug from a good friend just when you need it. And let me tell you, right now I need it! This fall has been great in a lot of ways, for example, we just moved into our first home! Yay! Unfortunately stress, even the good kind, can make you juust vulnerable enough to catch a wicked flu before you even finish unpacking. Sometimes a delicious home cooked comfort food meal is the only thing that can help.
And we all know nothing says comfort food quite like potatoes, and to amp it up another notch, baked Creamer potatoesin the form of soup.MMmm...
Going along with the de-stressing theme, this month's recipe for The Little Potato Company is niiice and simple. In fact, it's simple enough that if you happen to have any little hands around, they can totally help make this recipe!
The Little Potato Companyis looking to find Canada's Next Little Chef. The top 10 entries have been chosen and now they need your help to narrow it down to 2 finalists who will participate in a television cook off on the MarilynDennis Show. Vote now for your chance to win a Prize Pack from The Little Potato Company! Learn more and find tips to help little ones get in the kitchen and make healthier choicesby visitingLittlePotatoes.com!
This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company. We love themfor their commitment to simple,healthy wholefoods like their delicious Creamer potatoes. Thanks for supporting the brands that support I Love Vegan! Learn more about why we love Little Potatoes SO much atwww.littlepotatoes.com
Vegan Loaded Baked Potato Soup
★★★★★4.4 from 5 reviews
- Author: Brittany at ilovevegan.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Vegan
This simple soup is creamy, delicious, and brimming with classic baked potato toppings like crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives, and black pepper. Enjoy with a crusty piece of bread spread with your favourite vegan butter. Serves 4.
Baked Creamer Potatoes
- 4 cups of The Little Potato Company's Little Reds (You can substitute with Blushing Belles, Baby Boomers, or Dynamic Duo Little Potatoes)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper (or more to taste)
Vegan Baked Potato Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4-5 slices of tempeh bacon (I used Turtle Island Foods's Maple Tempeh Bacon)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup shredded vegan cheddar (I used Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds)
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- chives, chopped
- vegan cheddar, shredded
- tempeh bacon, crumbled or chopped
- black pepper (to taste)
- coconut milk (for drizzling)
- olive oil (for drizzling)
- Kid Friendly Step: Preheat oven to 400F. In a medium to large sized bowl, combine The Little Potato Company's Little Reds with 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- (Note: No little helpers? You can halve the potatoes before baking them for faster cooking and an even more "baked" flavour.)
- Kid Friendly Step: Cover and baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the seasoned potatoes. Set a timer to bake for 15 minutes.
- Be careful removing the potatoes from the oven. Stir and flip the potatoes before baking for another 10-20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when poked with a fork.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over med-high heat. Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, and chopped tempeh bacon. (Optional: Cook 2-4 full strips of tempeh bacon on the side to chop up for topping the soup after.) Cook until onion is translucent and tempeh is golden-brown.
- In a blender, combine the veggie broth, cooked potatoes (reserve about ¼ of the potatoes if you prefer a chunkier textured soup), salt and the sautéed onion, garlic, and tempeh, Blitz on high until the soup is smooth. Pour back into your skillet or saucepan to reheat. If you reserved any baked potatoes for a chunkier texture, mash the with a fork, and add them to the soup along with the vegan cheddar, coconut milk, and chives. Heat over medium low until the cheese is melted..
- Kid Friendly Step: Garnish each bowl of soup with a drizzle of olive oil and coconut milk, plus 1-2 tablespoon each of cheddar, chopped tempeh bacon, and chives. Accompany with fresh crusty bread spread with your favourite vegan butter (like Earth Balance Buttery Spread.)
« Roasted Vegan Thanksgiving Bowl
8 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes To Complete Your Holiday Menu »
What a beautiful and hearty potato soup. Love the toppings and will be looking for Tempeh 'bacon' on our next grocery shop. The little potatoes are tasty, nutritious and so easily prepared!
Next time make separate recipe, if you necessarily have to make Kid friendly steps. These steps made it unnecessarily complicated.
I totally hear you. I needed to include kid friendly steps for this recipe at the time, but I'll go ahead and remove them. It definitely does make the recipe overly complicated and they need to be removed. Thanks for the reminder!
Reply(Video) cozy vegan soups [loaded baked potato & vodka tortellini]
What brand of vegan sour cream is recommended , and is it easy to find??
If you can get Wayfare Vegan sour cream, it is wonderful! (As is their vegan cheddar jalapeno dip, which would also be yummy in this!
These 'food fotos' are amazing📷
Do you peel the potatoes beforehand?
Depends what kind of potatoes you're using and what your preference is! I didn't peel mine because I was using Creamer potatoes which are the same size as baby potatoes and their skins are thin and tender (and I don't mind most varieties of potato skins!) If you're using russet potatoes or you really don't like any potato skins in a soup like this, you can peel them!
I didn't have any coconut cream so I used vegan sour cream instead and its lovely!!!!!
Reply(Video) Easy and Creamy Vegan Potato Soup (One Pot Recipe!)
Oooh, I'd think that'd be even better!! Was it store bought or homemade?? Thank you for commenting Connie!
Five stars!!!! This is fabulous!!!!!
😀 😀 😀 Thanks again!!
I was wondering, can coconut milk be used instead of coconut cream? I can't find cream where I live.
Absolutely! Just look for one with the highest fat content.
Eating this recipe right now and it is BOMB! I had to use almond milk instead of coconut since that's what I had on hand, and didn't have any vegan bacon or cheese, so it's plain, but oh my God, with chives, even by itself it is SO GOOD! Savory, creamy, with a nice baked potato/roasted potato flavor. Next time I will make it with the extras and coconut and definitely make a double batch, because I'm mostly done with it already! The quantity isn't huge.
★★★★★(Video) Loaded Baked Potato Soup (vegan!) #shorts
Thank you so much Marcella, I'm so glad you're enjoying this soup!
Looks good! 🙂 I was wondering where the spoon is from? Steel with black handle? I have similar cutlery but cutlery have a way of disappearing so I've been looking for similar ones. Thanks in advance!
They're from Pier 1!
I have never made a baked potato soup! My life is incomplete! Soup is always great, especially when it's a little decadent. 🙂
Leave a Reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.